Monday, June 18, 2012

Who Will Go?

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?"
Are you willing to listen to the voice of God and follow Him?
God's powerful words of invitation are to those who will listen. Are you one of them?

* Then do what is right and He will commend you. (Rom.13:3)

* For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those who are fully 
  committed to Him.  (2Chrn.16:9)

Choosing to follow God will often affect our relationships with other people. It may help heal some relationships, but can strain others. Are you willing to handle the pressures of criticism? Are you ready to trust God with your relationships with family and friends?

Take note of the scripture that says, "many are invited but few are chosen." (Mat.22:14)
Those who come and are chosen are those who have a relationship with the Lord
Jesus Christ. (John 10:27)
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

The cost of being a disciple is this:
"No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom 
  of God."  (Luke 9:62)

"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; 
  anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 
 and anyone who does not take his cross and  follow me is not worthy of me. 
 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my  sake will find it."
 (Mat.10:37-39, Luke 9:62)




No comments:

Post a Comment