Thursday, January 24, 2013

Weigh Your Hearts

Where do you base your security on?
Do you have a possession that you hold so dearly and you won't let it go?
Do you love your career, blooming business, money, fancy car, luxury house, etc...
although there is nothing wrong with all of this material possessions as long
as you are humble and not forgetting about God and you may say to yourself,
"My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.
 But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability 
 to produce wealth.
 (Deuteronomy 9:17-18)

Let us learn from what happened to King Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon
when his heart was proud and how God deals with Him?

(Daniel 4:29-34)
As the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, he said,
"Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, 
 by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?"
The words were still on his lips when a voice came from heaven,
"This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar:
 Your royal authority has been taken from you. You will be driven away from
 people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like cattle.
 Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High
 is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes."

Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled.
He was driven away from people and ate grass like cattle.
His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like
the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.
At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven,
and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and
glorified him who lives forever.
...At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor
  were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom.
  My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne
  and became greater than before.
  Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven,
  because everything he does is right and all his ways are just.
  And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.  (v.36-37)

(read the full story started from Dan.3:4-27, so you can have a clear view
 on how this came about what happened to Nebuchadnezzar comes true).

Isn't the Proverbs 30:8-9 say,
"Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, 
 but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and 
 disown you and say, "'Who is the Lord?'
Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

So be careful and don't let your heart be proud but fear God..
If you have this issue pray and repent these things to God.
















No comments:

Post a Comment