Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is Near

Jesus Christ came down on earth doing good to people, healing the sick, performing
miracles, casting out demons and preaching the good news.  (see Mat.4:17)
"Repent for the kingdom of heaven is near."   

 He makes everything ready for us. (Luke 14:17)
"Come, for everything is now ready.''  

For God knows the time is at hand and He did not want you to be condemned
but died for your sins that you might escape the coming judgment. 
(Luke 21:35-36)
For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth.
Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is
about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.


He also came to comfort us...to teach us not to be fearful when that time comes.
 (1John4:18)
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with
punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 

Before I was saved...I used to be afraid when I thought about death. where would my
spirit will be? This was the feelings I had before I knew the Lord. 
Now that I have learned about God's salvation and have put my faith in the Son of God,
I am no longer afraid to die...but I know that I will be with the Lord...in heaven. Praise God.
(read 1Cor.15:20-32,35-49, 51-55)

As Charles Spurgeon once said, "If we have walked before Him in the land of the living,
we need not fear to die before Him when the hour of our departure arrives".
(quote from devotional book, Beside Still Waters)


Listen to the sincerity of Jesus' prayer and his hearts desire for us.
When Jesus prayed to the Father he said, "Father, I want those you have given me 
to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because 
you loved me before the creation of the world."  (John 17:24)

You know how the world is getting worse everyday. Jesus might be coming soon!
We know that someday He will come for us and we don't know when that will be,
But no matter what we must be ready. (Acts 1:7)(Mat.24:36)

(Rom.13:11)
The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation 
is nearer now than we first believed. The night is nearly over, the day is almost here.

Christians...Continue to pray and to be ready and be alert.  (1Pet.4:7)

To those who are not saved...receive Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life and be at
peace with Him before it's too late, as Jeremiah 13:16 says, 
Give glory to the Lord your God before He brings the darkness, before your feet 
stumble on the darkening hills.

* See to it that you do not refuse Him who speaks.  (Heb.12:25) 

* Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer. (Deut.10:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment