Thursday, March 29, 2012

God's Command: Be Fruitful

Spring is Here! The other day when I was looking from the window to my front yard,
I noticed that our plum tree was blooming a beautiful bounty of flowers.
I began to reflect on the Old Testament account of how Aaron's staff miraculously budded.

(Numbers 17:8)
The next day Moses entered the Tent of the Testimony and saw that Aaron's staff,
which represented the house of Levi, had not only sprouted but had budded,
blossomed and produced almonds.

*God wants us to blossom and be fruitful!
  Remember the words from the Lord Jesus Christ when he said,

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself;
It must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
I am the Vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him,
he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  (John 15:4-5)

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish,
and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit,
showing yourselves to be my disciples.  (v.7-8)

Galatians gives a description of the The Fruit of the Spirit; (Gal.5:22-23)

The Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

* We should always be prepared to be used by God so that He can accomplish
   His purpose for us. God's desire for us is to blossom in Him and be fruitful...
   but it requires that we spend time with God and yield to Him.
   Let nothing hinder us from being committed to Him. God is looking for His
   people to put Him first above all else.

  
* This is what I desire and we should be; to have more of Him... to please Him and to
    be fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment