Saturday, March 31, 2012

Holiness in the Body of Christ


God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything
we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.  (2Tim.1:9)
You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you
apart from the nations to be my own.  (Lev.20:26,7,11:44)

Is there a sin in the Camp? God demands holiness from all of us!
God is quick to rebuke anyone who is not right with Him, especially if they are
serving Him. That is what happened to me! I did things that displeased God...
I repented and He restored me back.
I am grateful that He disciplined me, and know that He loves me for my own good.
(see Heb.12:4-10) (Rev.3:19)
When God deals with us, He is not weak, but shows his power among us.
(2Pet.3:9,32:12)
The truth is that God knows everything! (1John3:20, Psalms139:11-12)

Everyone makes mistakes and stumbles...we are not immune to sin.
Being a Christian does not happen overnight... It takes time, it's a continuing process.
You may may be going through the same time in your life that I went through.
When we receive correction from God, we must stop and obey Him.
For He is a Jealous God. (see Exo.34:14) (Jam.4:4-5)

Our season of affliction teaches us to be right with God.... our failures, frustrations
and dissapointments, are actually good for us as it teaches us. We can learn from our
mistakes if we humble ourselves and ask God to correct us. As God tests and teaches us,
He refines us like pure gold... so that we can become stronger and better equipped in
times of testing and trials. (Psl.66:10) (Job 23:10)

When we choose God...He reveals himself to us! He does this through his Word (Bible).
In my own case, I have learned to fear and trust God. When you apply His Word...
it becomes Light! (Ps.119:130).

Scriptures to read regarding Holiness:

* Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-
   increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to
   holiness. When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of
   righteousness. What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now
   ashamed of? Those things result in death! But now that you have been set free
   from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness,
   and the result is eternal life.  (Rom.6:19-22) (Rom.5:4,6:6-7,)

* Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.
   Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness,
   but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death
   to life, and offer the parts of your body to Him as instruments of righteousness. 
   (Rom.6:12-13) (1Cor.6:20)

* We were called to be free, but do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature. 
   (Gal.5:13) (Eph.4:17-19,6;20-24,5:8) (Gal.5:1)
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment