Monday, April 2, 2012

Feeling like God is Distant?

I don't know about you, but sometimes in my life I start asking,
"Where is God?". I begin to feel like He is nowhere to be found. He's not answereing
my prayers anymore. Has He forgotten me? Nothing seems to be going right for me.
I wish I never moved here...and the list go on and on.

There may be some reasons why:
First, we must examine ourselves. The scripture says in Psalms 139:23-24:
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Second, we may have wrong motives?  (James 4:3)
When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you
may spend what you get on your pleasures.

Third, Everything in God's time! We have to wait for it patiently.
"In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you." 
(Isa.49:8, 2 Cor.6:2)

When I am feeling this way, I begin to remember the great things God has done for me.
This really helps me to stay focused on Him, so that I don't allow doubt to affect my
relationship with Him. No matter what my circumstances are...I will trust in Him and
always know that He loves me!

When David was waiting for God to help him, He remembered his happy times with God.
 Let's look at Psalms:

Then I thought, "To this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High."
I will remeber the deeds of the Lord; Yes, I will remeber your miracles of long ago.
I will meditate on all your works, and consider all your mighty deeds.
(77:10-12,5,143:5)

I remember your ancient laws, O Lord. And I find comfort in them.  (119:50)
I will listen to what God the Lord will say, He promises peace to his people, his saints.
(85:8,55:13-14)

* Let us continue to be faithful in prayer to God. Try to cherish the years when He has
   done mighty things in your life. Don't let the devil trick you. Don't give up on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment