Friday, April 27, 2012

Desiring God

The greatest endeavor to pursue is to desire God in our lives.
What an awesome feeling it was when we received Christ. We felt joy and peace,
as our burdens were lifted up. We became eager to serve Him and  hungered
for His divine intervention in every aspect of our lives.

The Scriptures speak regarding those who hunger and desire God.
I pray that God will continually fill you with his wonderful knowledge as you seek Him.

* When your words came, I ate them; there were my joy and my heart's delight, 
    for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.  (Jeremiah 15:16)

* I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory,
   Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
   I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
   My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods, with singing lips 
   my mouth will praise you.  (Psalms 63:2-5)

* How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!
   My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
   My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.  (84:1-3,42:2,63:1)

* My hearts says of you, "Seek His face!" Your face, O Lord, I will seek! 
   I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord," apart from you, I have no good thing.
   (27:8, 16:2)  
* Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
  My flesh and my hearts may fail, but the Lord is the strength of my heart and 
  my portion forever.  (73:28)
                                           
* The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousand pieces of 
   silver and gold.  (Psalms 119:72)
   How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (103)
   Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold.  (127)
   I gain understanding from your precepts therefore I hate every wrong path.  (104)
  And because I consider all your precepts right.  (128)  
  Your status are wonderful; therefore I obey them. (129)
  
  The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. 
  I open my mouth and pant,  longing for your commands.
   (130-131)
  
  

YOUR WORD IS A LAMP TO MY FEET AND   
  A LIGHT FOR  MY PATH.  (105) (24)(19-7-11)
   

 

   



(I do not own this picture)
      More Precious Than Silver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjXVFDRqQk&feature=player_embedded


No comments:

Post a Comment