Monday, April 16, 2012

What Is Wisdom?

Yes! I said it again...what is wisdom? First let's start from the scriptures  (1Cor.2)

No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that God destined for our glory
before time began.  (v.7)

None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified
the Lord of glory. However, as it is written:
     "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived, what God has
      prepared for those who love him."  (v.8-9, Isaiah 64:4)

But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.  (v.10)
We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we
may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak not in words
taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual
truths in spiritual words.  (v.12-13)
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of
God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they
are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but
he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
     "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?"
But we have the mind of Christ.  (v.14-16, Isaiah 40:13)

What is your interpretation of wisdom?
To me, to know God and to Fear Him... is wisdom!  (Prov.1:7, 9:10,15:33, Psalms 111:10)
Malachi 6:9 says, "TO FEAR YOUR NAME IS WISDOM!"

In Job 28:28, And he said to man, "The FEAR OF THE LORD--that is wisdom, 
and to SHUN EVIL is understanding."  (Job 28:28)

If we really want to acquire wisdom, we must ask God for it as James 1:5 says:
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all 
without finding fault, and it will be given to him.   
(read also Prov.2:1-5,3:6, Job38:36)

I grew closer to God when He disciplined me for my mistakes.
"Okay God, I'm yours, I belong to you, I want to serve you,  I want to know who you
 really are," I prayed. Then I joined the choir because I love singing to the the Lord.
 That was an amazing experience!

I'm glad to be part of the family of God! This is where I really learned and grew in
God's grace. We had a wonderful leader, who admonished us on how to be close
to God. She assigned each of us a day to give a devotion to the group before our
practices. I became worried that I would not have anything to share.
That's when I started asking God to give me wisdom...and help me know what to say!

God answered my prayer and  gave me a sense of confidence and excitement.
I could not wait to share it. Even though I was shy and nervous, God gave me strength
to deliver the message. When I finished sharing my testimony, my choir team was very
impressed on how well I had given my devotion! The choir leader even requested for me
to do it again soon because she really enjoyed it!
I am not trying to brag, but I really love sharing the experiences of God's teaching in
my life.
God is great! He gave me wisdom when I needed it most. The wisdom we need,
is the wisdom to know and Follow Christ.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
(Psalms37:4)

The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry.  (Prov.10:3)

For He satisfied  the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
(Psalms 107:9, 103:5, Luke 1:53)

My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, 
and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
Then you will understand the Fear f the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
(Proverb 2:1-5, Eccl.22:22)
For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and
understanding. (v.6) (Job 26:4,32:8,38:36)

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have,
get understanding. Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and call understanding 
your "kinsman."  (4:7,7:4, Eccl. 2:26,6:2)


"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, 
 Come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.
 Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?
 Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the riches 
 of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live.
 (Isaiah 55:1-3)

"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, 
  as the Scriptures has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
  (John 7:37-38)

* My prayer is that you may also walk in the richness of God's wisdom.









No comments:

Post a Comment