Sunday, May 27, 2012

What Is Life?

Is the whole point of life just to pursue a career? Is it only about focusing on your 
self, or even your family? 
Did you know that God created us for a much bigger purpose than ourselves,
or even our families. He created us to know Him and to serve Him?

Scriptures says,
But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power 
and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." (Exodus 9:16, Rom.9:17)


Those who are redeemed by God are called by Him to  proclaim the good news 
of salvation to mankind by the way that they live their lives.

(2Timothy 2:20)
In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay;
some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble.  

What is it that God requires of you as a servant of God?
If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes,
made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work. (v.21)

Can more money, a bigger house, a nicer car, or being part of the hip social 
scene give you true satisfaction in life? Though these sound like great things, 
they will not make you truly happy and content.

Look at the example of Solomon's life. All of his wealth, fame, honor, wisdom 
and all that he accomplished did not make his life happy and content. 
Though he enjoyed it for a season, he became sorrowfully distressed.

(Eccl.2:10-11)
I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure.
My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor.
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under
the sun.


I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them 
to the one who comes after me. And who knows whether he will be a wise man 
or a fool? Yet he will have control over all the work into which I have poured 
my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless. 
So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun. 
For a man may do his work with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then he must leave
all he owns to someone who has not worked for it.
This too is meaningless and a great misfortune.  (v17-21)
What more can the king's successor do than what has already been done? (v.12)

The Scripture says, God granted us happiness and enjoyment in life as a gift 
and a duty of man..
What does a man get for all the toil and anxious striving with which he labors under 
the sun? All his days his work is pain and grief; even at night his mind does not rest.
This too is meaningless.
A man can do nothing than better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction 
in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without Him, 
who can eat or find enjoyment? Let's pause...what is that says again?...
(v.21-25,3:9-13,22,) read also 5:18,8:15

But what is this saying in this last verse? "FOR WITHOUT HIM WHO CAN EAT 
OR FIND ENJOYMENT."


So we see that God has granted us enjoyment in life but we must also heed 
his warnings:
Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, 
for God has already approved what you do. Always be clothed in white, and always 
anoint your head with oil
Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that 
God has given you under the sun--all your meaningless days.
For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead,
where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
(9:7-10,7:14)
Be happy young men, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days 
of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that
for all these  God will bring you to judgment.  (Eccl.11:9-10)

We must never forget that God is the source of all things. 
(Eccl.12:1,6-7, 1Thes.5:16, Deut.6:12,8:10-14)
Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come 
and the years approach. 
Remember Him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well, and the 
dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. 


Our whole purpose of being on this planet is to honor, love, and serve God
This is our duty and our meaning in life.
*Pray and ask God to reveal His will for your life. The greatest achievement 
  of all is to serve God!










No comments:

Post a Comment